Durham man shot in neck in Raleigh

From Staff ReportsJanuary 16, 2006 

RALEIGH -- Police are investigating a shooting in Southeast Raleigh that injured a man Sunday morning, according to authorities.

Officials at WakeMed Raleigh Campus called police when Patrick Thomas, 31, of Durham, arrived at the hospital about 7:30 a.m. Sunday with a bullet wound in his neck, said Lt. H.C. Miller of the Raleigh Police Department.

Miller said Thomas' injuries are not life-threatening. He remained at WakeMed on Sunday evening.

Detectives learned that the shooting occurred after Thomas had had an argument with two men, Miller said. When investigators arrived at the scene, a parking lot near the 900 block of Rock Quarry Road, they found shell casings from two types of guns.

As of Sunday evening, no suspects had been arrested.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service