Triangle Briefs

3 firefighters hurt in blaze at home

From Staff ReportsSeptember 30, 2006 

— Three firefighters suffered minor injuries Friday afternoon at a house fire.

The fire began in the kitchen at 337 Erwin Road and spread to the attic. The house is used as a day care center. None of the occupants was hurt, but the fire took more than 2 1/2 hours to put out, Chapel Hill Fire Chief Dan Jones said.

Jones said firefighter Clay London dislocated his left shoulder when the attic stairs collapsed under him, and Capt. Norman Clark strained his back. Both were treated at UNC Hospitals.

Firefighter Donnie Morrisey was treated at the scene for dehydration.

Jones said the fire damaged 60 percent to 70 percent of the house. He did not have the name of the owner Friday evening.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service