CARY — The Town of Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department is seeking nominations to recognize outstanding volunteers.
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
* The Don Smith Award for a athletics program volunteer.
* The Distinguished New Coach Award recognizes a volunteer who has coached less than five years with the Town of Cary.
* The Teen Award for members of Cary's Teen Council who demonstrate leadership and an interest in community service. One award goes to a member of the Middle School Teen Council and another to a member of the High School Teen Council.
* The Cultural Arts Award is presented to an individual who lends leadership and support to the town's arts programs.
* The Multicultural Arts Award for promoting the arts and appreciation of other cultures.
* The History & Heritage Award recognizes leadership in preserving and promoting appreciation of Cary 's history.
* The Senior Award for participation in senior activities.
* The Environmental & Trails Award for leadership in advocating environmental conservation.
* The Herb Young Award will be given to a volunteer with overall outstanding service to Cary's Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department.
Nomination forms are available at all Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources-staffed facilities and must be received by 5 p.m. Jan. 19.
For more information, call 469-4061 or visit Volunteer Awards at www.townofcary.org.