Feed the Need is a partnership of The News & Observer, the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina and our sponsors, Harris Teeter, Syngenta and Duke Energy. Together, we are raising awareness about children at risk of hunger, collecting nonperishable food and generating cash donations to support the Food Bank's programs to feed children.
Here's the 2013 Feed the Need schedule:
- Feed the Need Food Drive, Monday, April 1 Saturday, April 20 Donate food at Feed the Need bins at Harris Teeter stores throughout the region.
- Donate online Click here.
- Feed the Need Day, Saturday, April 20 Look for volunteers at selected Harris Teeter stores. They'll be suggesting food items you may purchase and donate, and they'll also accept cash donations the Food Bank will use to help feed kids.
Kids shouldn't go hungry. Please help.
FAQWhat is the goal of Feed the Need?
Feed the Need puts hunger in the spotlight. This year, we're focusing on kids who are hungry and the Food Bank's "Kids Meals and More" programs. In summer, the need for food increases but donations do not. You can help by giving food and money to Feed the Need.
Who benefits from Feed the Need?
The Food Bank serves hungry people of all ages in a 34-county area. This year, Feed the Need donations will be used to help children at risk of hunger through the Food Bank's Weekend Power Pack, Kids Cafe and Kids Summer Meals.
How can I help?
- You can donate food here.
- You can donate money here.
- You can organize a mini-Feed the Need food drive at your company or school.
- You can tell others about Feed the Need, and encourage them to contribute.
Where can I donate food?
Harris Teeter is Feed the Need's presenting sponsor. Look for Feed the Need collection bins at Harris Teeters throughout the region from Monday, April 1 - Saturday, April 20.
Questions about the Food Bank?
To find out more about the Food Bank, click here for its FAQ page.