Triangle Briefs

Fan motor causes fire in school classroom

From Staff ReportsOctober 9, 2008 

— An overheated motor on a fan coil caused a fire in a classroom at Club Boulevard Humanities Magnet School on Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters had to rip out the classroom ceiling to fight the blaze, which started about 5 p.m.

No one was injured.

The school will be open today.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service