A Raleigh man arrested in the knife attack of a woman over the weekend is facing additional charges in the assault.
Roy McLean, 47, was charged Monday with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with minors present, according to arrest warrants.
Two children, ages seven and 11, were at home Saturday when police said McLean threatened to kill Doris Badgett and then sliced her across the stomach with a knife, arrest warrants say.
McLean, who has an extensive criminal record including a 1990 conviction for manslaughter, was previously charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury in Saturday's attack. Police said McLean and Badgett had a personal relationship.
Raleigh police said they believe McLean also assaulted Badgett's neighbor when she ran to his home for help.
McLean served more than three years in prison for the manslaughter conviction. He also has convictions for stalking, breaking and entering and robbery.
McLean was being held in the Wake County jail.