The American Red Cross has opened shelters for people affected by storm damage. They are:
- Wake County: Heritage High School, 1150 Forestville Road, Wake Forest; Garner United Methodist Church, 201 Methodist Drive, Garner.
- Cumberland County: Westover Recreational, 267 Bonanza, Fayetteville.
- Harnett County: Triton High School, 215 Maynard Lake Road, Erwin.
- Lee County: SanLee Middle School, 2309 Tramway Road, Sanford.
- Greene County: Snow Hill Armory, 312 Southeast 2nd Street, Snow Hill.
- Johnston County: North Johnston Middle School, 301 East Main Street, Micro
- Onslow County: Jacksonville Commons Middle School, 315 Commons Drive, Jacksonville
Johnston County shelters for Sunday include:
North Johnston Middle School, 301 E. Main St., Micro, NC
Wake County shelters for Sunday include:
- Heritage High School, 1150 Forestville Road, Wake Forest
- Garner United Methodist Church, 201 Methodist Drive, Garner
The Helping Hand Mission at 623 Rock Quarry Road is giving new clothing, blankets and non-perishable food items to families displaced by the tornado. Contact 919-828-9744.
In response to the severe weather, the American Red Cross will serve food and beverages from their Emergency Response Vehicles today beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the following sites:
- N.C. Department of Motor Vehicles, 1100 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh
- Chavis Park and Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Raleigh