Apartment fire leaves Raleigh family without home

FROM STAFF REPORTSJanuary 23, 2012 

— A discarded cigarette started a fire Sunday night that left a Raleigh family of three without a home, according to the Raleigh Fire Department.

The blaze broke out at an apartment complex on Lake Ridge Drive off of Capital Boulevard. Someone who was in the apartment saw the fire start outside.

Officials said the flames caused serious damage to one unit. The Red Cross was not needed because the family had arranged for another place to stay.

No injuries were reported.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service