Bahama Breeze on Wake Forest Road will reopen for business today after the restaurant was temporarily closed due to a fire.
No one was injured in the fire that took place just after midnight Tuesday when smoke spewed from the roof and swirled inside the building located at 3309 Wake Forest Rd.
The damage was mostly contained to the roof, according to Keith Tessinear, one of the firefighters who responded to the call. What damage occurred was due to smoke and water. According to the fire report, five percent of the building was damaged.
The cause has been determined to be a mechanical failure in a heating system.