Simply grilled steak on garlic-flavored county bread smothered with caramelized onions and mushrooms and topped with spicy arugula makes a tasty, all-in-one meal. It’s a steak and salad dinner that’s perfect for summer. Add a few tomato slices on the side.
The steak is great on a grill, but also works sauteed in a skillet. Tenderloin is a lower fat cut of beef, but skirt steak, flank steak or any quick cooking steak can be used.
Cooking tips: It’s best to cook steak when it is at room temperature. For a juicier steak, let it rest 10 minutes before carving.
This meal contains 626 calories per serving with 32 percent of calories from fat.
• Any type of mushrooms can be used.
• Use the same timing for steak if sauteing instead of grilling.
• Grill steak.
• Meanwhile, cook onions and mushrooms.
• Toast bread.
• Toss arugula with dressing.
• Assemble sandwich.
• To buy: 3/4 pound beef tenderloin, 1 package sliced Portobello mushrooms, 1 package arugula, 2 medium tomatoes, 1 loaf thick country bread.
• Staples: Olive oil spray, olive oil, onion, garlic, reduced-fat salad dressing, salt, black peppercorns.
To see a printable version of the recipe, click on the recipe name below:
Contact Linda Gassenheimer: firstname.lastname@example.org.