Lots to learn with these cooking classes
Heres a few interesting upcoming cooking classes at A Southern Season in Chapel Hill:
• Ari Weinzweig, co-founder of renowned Zingermans Delicatessen in Ann Arbor, Mich., will be teaching a bacon class on 6 p.m. Aug. 2 for $50.
• Sara Moulton, host of Saras Weeknight Meals on PBS, will teach a class titled What I Learned Working Beside Julia Child, at 2 p.m. Sept. 23. The class costs $55.
• Cookbook author Raghavan Iyer will be teaching two classes for those interested in learning how to cook Indian food: an Indian vegetarian class at 6 p.m. Sept. 26 and how to cook an elegant Indian dinner at 6 p.m. Sept. 27. Both classes cost $50.
• California restaurateur and cooking instructor John Ash returns to teach a chicken class at 6 p.m. Oct. 9 and a grilling class at 6 p.m. Oct. 10. The cost for each class is $55.
• Former Top Chef contestant Kevin Gillespie will teach a class based on his new book, Fire in My Belly, at 5 p.m. Oct. 20. It costs $55.
To reserve a spot in these classes, you can call 919-929-7133 or go to southernseason.com/.