Labor Day weekend is the symbolic end of summer, when we stop wearing white, start watching football, and send the little maniacs back to school. But Labor Day is also a celebration of the economic and social contributions of Americas workers.
Labor holidays in Europe usually produce riots. In America we get hot dogs and The Movie Mashup Game: Labor Day Edition.
The object: The blurbs below combine the titles of two or more well-known movies. Can you guess the new mash-up movie title?
Example: Michael J. Fox stars as a time-traveling teenager in this second installment of George Lucas original space opera trilogy.
Answer: The Empire Strikes Back to the Future
NOTE: At least one of the films is a well-known workplace comedy or drama. Remember that films can be mashed up phonetically as well, e.g. Nosferatu Kill a Mockingbird.
1. Melanie Griffith stars as a plucky goth office secretary solving brutal crimes in Sweden.
2. This bizarre West Texas thriller pits psychopathic hit man Javier Bardem against goofball garbage men Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.
3. Mike Judge and Mel Brooks co-direct this shameless sci-fi workplace satire.
4. Leslie Nielsen and Lloyd Bridges join George Clooney in 2009s cynical downsizing drama.
5. Director Walter Hills obscure 80s rock fable pits gang boss Willem Dafoe against Michael Douglas ruthless stockbroker.
6. Joe Friday meets Howard Beale in cinemas most famous workplace meltdown.
7. Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell slaughter half-naked camp counselors in this screwball comedy classic.
8. Anne Hathaway encounters satanic fashionistas in director Ti Wests underrated retro-horror indie.
9. Wisecracking scam artist Eddie Murphy switches jobs with feisty Texas widow Sally Field.
10. Long-suffering secretaries Dolly Parton and Lily Tomlin team with Jack Nicholsons surly oil rig worker to battle South African extraterrestrials (three films).
Send your answers to a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com by Tuesday at noon. Well have a random drawing and choose a winner.