CARY — Police released a warning to homeowners Wednesday reminding them to secure their homes against theft following a Tuesday night burglary that resulted in the loss of an undisclosed amount of money.
A burglar entered a house on Pebble Ridge Farms Road through an unlocked side door to the garage. The suspect was interrupted by the homeowner and fled on foot.
While no other homes on the street had been broken into, several fence gates were ajar along the street.
To help prevent this type of crime, the Town of Cary Police Department reminds homeowners to:
• Lock all doors and windows.
• Make sure exterior lights are mounted so that burglars cannot unscrew the bulbs.
• Use variable light timers and motionsensitive lights to activate lights inside and outside your home
• Keep all trees and bushes neatly trimmed near doors and windows
• Make sure valuables are not visible from the street
• Work together with your neighbors on watching out for one another
• Call the police if you witness any suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians
Anyone with information about the break-in should contact the Town of Cary Police Department at 919-469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at 226-2746. Crime Stoppers pays up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest or indictment of those responsible for committing certain types of crimes. All calls will be kept confidential at callers request.