Trim your Christmas tree with these inspirational decorating ideas.
• Glass ball ornaments work whether you want a classic or contemporary tree. Look for red, white, silver and gold. For a more modern look, choose ornaments with graphic designs in a more updated scheme, like lime green and fuchsia or violet and bronze.
• Scatter silk flowers such as garden roses, hydrangeas and magnolias throughout the branches and then top the tree with richly textured ribbon and a few well-placed ornaments for a high-end designer look.
• Mix in a variety of pinecones, leaves and birds, as well as a few metallic elements to add sparkle.
• Dress the tree with jingle bells. Mix in silver ornaments and winterberries for a classic theme.
• Christmas is the one time a year you can go overboard with color. Look for ornaments in bold blues, greens and reds and pair them with silver and gold.
• Put your passion on display. Love gardening? Display mini water cans, birds and flowers on your tree; top with a straw gardening hat.
• Decorate a flocked tree with bright red ornaments. Pull an eclectic mix of ornaments together by selecting them in the same color.
• Collect ornaments on vacations, during major life events and when you or your children participate in hobbies and sports. Each Christmas you’ll be reminded of your family’s adventures and favorite memories.
• Dress your tree with elements like the sun, moon and stars in gold, with bold pops of color like purple.
Courtesy of Chelsey Bowen on hgtv.com