Fish fillets topped with melted Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese can be made in minutes using a microwave. Penne pasta tossed with fresh basil is a simple side dish. The secret to this recipe is using best quality Parmesan.
The recipe calls for cooking the fish in a microwave oven. It can also be sauteed on the stove. Simply place a layer of tomatoes in a nonstick skillet and place the fish fillets over them. Cover and cook 8 minutes for a 1-inch thick fillet. Alter the time according to the thickness of the fillet, counting 8 minutes per inch.
• Any short-cut pasta such as elbow macaroni or rigatoni can be used.
• The easiest way to chop basil is to cut it with scissors. It is used in both recipes. Prepare at one time and divide.
• Shave the Parmesan with a potato peeler.
• Two crushed garlic cloves can be used instead of minced garlic from the store.
• Place water for pasta on to boil.
• Prepare ingredients for pasta and place in a bowl.
• Make fish fillets.
• Boil pasta and toss with ingredients in bowl.
To buy: 2 medium tomatoes, 1 bunch fresh basil, 1 piece Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 2 (6-ounce) fish fillets, 1 box penne pasta.
Staples: Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, black peppercorns.
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
To see a printable version of the recipe, click on the name below: