Raleigh condo fire leaves four homeless

From staff reportsJanuary 31, 2013 

— Four people were displaced after a condominum fire in West Raleigh late Wednesday afternoon that began when someone left a pot unattended on a stove, according to fire investigators.

Everyone safely got out of the three-story condominium building at 1208 Schaub Dr. The fire was reported at 3:17 p.m. and took firefighters about a half hour to bring under control, according to the fire department.

Two of the condo units were left uninhabitable. The Red Cross is helping the people left homeless by the fire.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service