Police say angry student posted Web threat to Raleigh school, students

From staff reportsFebruary 12, 2013 

— A search warrant that police obtained to seize computers and a smart phone lays out the story of an angry Carroll Middle School student creating an online Facebook page to threaten the school and its students.

The warrant, returned to Wake County Court on Monday, says that last month, one student reported that another student was creating a page with the title “Carroll Middle Must Die” and said he hated everyone at the school on Six Forks Road.

The Web page, detectives said in asking for the warrant, led with a post that said, “Hello I am part of anonymous and Carroll middle school must fall and its students.”

The post appears to be a reference to the group Anonymous, which has claimed credit for hacking into numerous computer systems and disrupting them.

The youth who went to authorities told them he had had a conversation with the Facebook poster the day before the page appeared, and that youth told him “he hated everyone at the school, he was going to make them all pay and he was going to bomb the school,” Det. Robert Pike wrote.

There is no indication that an actual threat existed to Carroll Middle or students there.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service