Bobcats vs. Celtics
7 p.m. Tuesday, Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.1||3.4||G, A. Bradley||9.6||2.5|
|G, G. Henderson||13.3||3.6||G, C. Lee||7.7||2.4|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.1||5.6||F, P. Pierce||18.6||6.5|
|F. TBD||F. B. Bass||7.6||7.8|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.5||7.0||C, K. Garnett||15.1||7.8|
Matchup to Watch
Paul Pierce vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: At 35, Pierce can still churn out the occasional triple-double, as he did last month against the Denver Nuggets (27 points, 14 rebounds and 14 assists). Thats a rough cover for rookie Kidd-Gilchrist
• The Bobcats beat the Celtics in their other meeting in Charlotte this season, by three points. That was probably Byron Mullens best game as a pro, with 25 points and 18 rebounds.
• Remember when it was a coin flip whether Gerald Henderson or Terrence Williams was the best shooting guard in the 2009 draft? Williams washed out of the league for a while, and now the Celtics are trying to convert him into primarily a point guard.
• Ex-Bobcat DJ White and ex-Duke Blue Devil Shavlik Randolph have been playing on Celtics 10-day contracts, as Boston tries to shore up its depth.
• Kevin Garnetts successful conversion from power forward to center speaks to his versatility, but also to the lack of true centers these days in the NBA.
• With the Knicks injury troubles (Amare Stoudemire needs a knee procedure), its conceivable the Nets and Celtics could still make a run on New York in the Atlantic Division.
Did you know?
The Celtics 14-4 run following the season-ending injury to point guard Rajon Rondo is hard to explain, though there is no lack of theories. Perhaps theyre less predictable without Rondo dominating the ball, and others Avery Bradley, in particular have risen to the task. In any case, its a remarkable accomplishment.