RALEIGH — A Durham man whom U.S. Marshals found in Louisiana last week was returned to Raleigh on Tuesday night and booked into jail on a murder charge in the Oct. 31 death of Alfonso Rincon, who was shot outside his home after he went outside to check on people who had been looking at his truck.
Jorge Luis Juarez, 21, of 1009 Calumet Drive in Durham had been living in Jefferson, La., since November, authorities there told The Associated Press.
Also accused of murdering the 42-year-old Rincon are Marcos Chaparro, 20, Erick Pardo Martinez, 17, and Karen Alexis Gonzalez, 18, who all have Durham addresses.
Raleigh police arrested them March 12.
All are being held without bail at the Wake County Detention Center.
Witnesses to the crime reported seeing a dark-colored sedan near Rincon’s residence on Foxhall Village Road and two men outside his home peering into vehicles.
The suspects ran when Rincon came out of his residence, but he was shot when he ran after them, police said.