Shop Talk reporter Virginia Bridges attended Garner’s 2013 Business & Consumer Expo at Garner United Methodist Church on Thursday and asked small business owners to share their favorite part of the day.
• “When the first customer gets there,” said Chris Allen, store manager for Garner Auto Specialists.
• “Helping an owner rent their property, and a tenant find that perfect rental home,” said Jeff Revels, property manager for Residential Rentals, a full-service property management company in Clayton.
• “We are not a business that people want to come to or frequent ” because it typically follows a crash, said Tana Malerba, owner of Coats Auto Body & Paint, which has stores in Raleigh and Garner. “But it gives us the opportunity to help people through the process.”
• “Getting out and meeting seniors so we can help them, and hearing them say ‘I didn’t know you were here. I wish I would have known earlier,’ ” said Thomas Christos, owner and care coordinator for Always Best Care in Raleigh, which provides in-home care and other services for seniors and those with disabilities.
• “There’s nothing better than (a customer) coming in and saying ‘What you did in the last session really worked,’ ” said Barbra Galavotti, owner and massage therapist at Body Wellness Massage Therapy in Garner. “It’s what we strive for.”
• “I think when we finish a website, and it gets up and going, and you have a happy customer, and they didn’t imagine what it could be,” said Andrea Turner, president of Corporate Web Consulting, a website and marketing firm east of Garner.