Wake deputies: Man fired stun gun during break-in and robbery

From staff reportsMay 15, 2013 

Purcell Orlando Jones Jr.

WAKE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

— Wake County sheriff's deputies charge that a Raleigh man broke into a mobile home near Knightdale early Monday and used a stun gun on one of three people he is accused of robbing.

In arrest warrants Tuesday, deputies said Purcell Orlando Jones Jr., 28, was armed with an electronic control device and broke into a mobile home at a trailer park on Cross Stream Drive between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

They said Jones shot one of three people in the mobile home with the electronic gun and endangered the other two.

According to an arrest report and the warrants, Jones lives at 4516 Dewars Lane, the Parrish Manor mobile home park off Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh.

Tuesday afternoon, he was arrested at the Cross Stream Drive park, however.

The charges against Jones Tuesday were three counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, three counts if kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary.

Arrest warrants charge Jones left the mobile home with $200 in cash and an iPhone.

Jones had been free on bond from a November arrest on charges of possessing the drug MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy, and that bond was revoked Tuesday.

He also was arrested last October on charges of stealing a motor vehicle, driving while his license was revoked and having a small amount of marijuana.

With Tuesday’s charges, Jones was being held in lieu of $1,002,000 bail.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service