Points on the IRS “scandal”:
• All of those organizations that got extra scrutiny eventually got their exemption.
• They are all political organizations using legalisms to put themselves out as “charitable,” “educational,” etc.
• The extra scrutiny was conducted under the leadership of the now-departed Bush appointed IRS chief.
• So the acting chief was fired because he was the head that was conveniently available to be figuratively cut off and put on a stick.
• He was “acting” because Congress would not sign off on a “real” new IRS chief.
The bottom line I see is that the whole thing is an inept charade by both sides. What, I wonder, are we being distracted from?