In his May 19 column “The real scandal: gridlock,” Ned Barnett wrote, “the Obama era has been remarkably free of scandal.” He forgets:
• Obama’s administration funneled guns to Mexican drug gangs, resulting in the deaths of a U.S. border guard and numerous Mexicans.
• Solyndra received $535 million in loans. The investors, who were Obama campaign bundlers, were given priority in bankruptcy over the government, in violation of federal law.
• The administration leaked the U.S. and Israeli role in the Stuxnet computer virus that damaged Iran’s nuclear program and the fake vaccination plot to locate bin Laden, leading to the doctor who helped us receiving 30 years in a Pakistani prison.
• Obama dropped charges against the New Black Panthers who were carrying weapons and blocking polling places and generally declined to prosecute voter intimidation if the victims were white.
• In violation of his oath of office, Obama has refused to enforce existing immigration law requiring him to deport “dreamers.”
• Bailing out auto companies, Obama gave priority to unionized auto workers over bondholders, in violation of bankruptcy law.