After a brief lull, trunk shows are back in full force this week. Heres the rundown:
• Raleigh menswear designer Rob Butler will bring button-downs, bow ties, boxers and more for men from his custom clothing collection to the North Hills Club in Raleigh for a trunk show from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Friday. The North Hills Club is at 4824 Yadkin Drive, Raleigh. For more info, visit butlercustomclothing.com.
• Flirty summer dresses from Rachel Pally will be in store at Gena Chandler for a trunk show 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday. During the show, shoppers will receive 15 percent off purchases. Gena Chandler is at 4209-106 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh, 919-881-9480, genachandler.com.
• Traditions by Anna will have the latest bridal collection from Anne Barge for a trunk show Friday and Saturday. Barges gowns feature vintage-inspired shapes and fabrics with a modern twist. Traditions by Anna is at 4209-100 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh, 919-783-8652, traditionsbyanna.com.
A day of style
The runways of Raleigh heat up for First Friday with two fashion shows.
• Models for Charity will rock clothes from Peachy Keen boutique for a fashion show benefit 6:30-9 p.m. at The Architect Bar and Social House in downtown Raleigh. Attendees can nosh on appetizers provided by Tobacco Road Sports Café. Admission is free, but a $5 donation is suggested to benefit Triangle Special Sled Hockey Association, a local hockey program for physically and developmentally disabled children.
• At Burning Coal Theatre, looks from local designers and boutiques will be on display 6:30-8:30 p.m. for the White Out Lung Cancer Fashion Show. Tickets are $25 and benefit the North Carolina Lung Cancer Partnership, a chapter of the National Lung Cancer Partnership, which strives to provide research funding for and educational materials about lung cancer. Visit facebook.com/WhiteOutLungCancer for more information.
Hair and there
Get the scoop on sexy summer hair at these styling events.
• Beachy summer hair is on the docket at Sephora in Crabtree Valley Mall during their Bumble and bumble beach hair styling session Friday. Attendees will receive one-on-one styling sessions to learn the tricks to creating beach waves without a trip to the coast, plus a free gift. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are preferred. To schedule an appointment, call 919-781-9622.
• Stylist Karen Wilson of Karen Wilson Natural Beauty will offer tips on styling, daily maintenance and more for natural hair during her Kurl Talk with Karen natural hair styling class Saturday in the Crabtree Valley Mall Community Room. From 2 to 5 p.m., attendees will learn about their own individual hair texture and what styling techniques fit it best. Refreshments will be provided, and attendees will also receive a goody bag. Tickets are $35 through Friday, $40 Saturday. For more information, visit nyenzo.com or call 919-649-1063.
The childrens department at Nordstrom has a sweet extra for little shoppers this weekend with Cookie Day on Saturday. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., kiddos can decorate and eat cookies in the department stores kidswear section. For details, call 919-806-3700.
Send Stylin news and suggestions to email@example.com.