Police: Man found dead in street after Durham home invasion

From staff reportsJune 21, 2013 

— Police said they found Michael Lee, 25, dead in Melbourne Street late Thursday after officers were sent to a report that someone had been wounded by a gunshot and found that there had been an armed home invasion.

The invasion happened at a home in the 400 block, the part of the street where officers found Lee, who lived on West Club Boulevard, spokeswoman Kammie Michael said.

A resident of the invaded home also was hurt, but did not have life-threatening injuries and was being treated at a hospital, Michael said.

She did disclose that person’s identity.

At the crime scene, police arrested Lewis James Little, 19, of Kilarney Drive, charging him with first-degree burglary, felony conspiracy, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and three counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.

Little’s street is less than a mile east of Melbourne Street.

Little was being held in the Durham County Jail in lieu of $1,425,000 bail for a court appearance Friday.

Police were sent to the area, between Beckham Place and Knob Court, at 11:53, Michael said.

Investigators asked anyone who has any information about the incident to call them at 919-560-4440 and/or CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.

CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.

 

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service