17-year-old charged in 21 car break-ins in Raleigh’s Wakefield Commons area

From staff reportsJune 28, 2013 

— Raleigh and Wake Forest police Thursday filed charges for 21 car break-ins and three gun thefts against a 17-year-old Henderson man who they said hit vehicles in the Wakefield Commons area earlier this month.

One break-in happened June 13, and all the rest were on June 14, arrest warrants charge.

Police accused Eddie Ronald Davis Jr. of 128 S. Elizabeth St. in Henderson of taking .32-caliber, .38-caliber and 9mm handguns from a parked truck and an SUV in Wake Forest and a truck in Raleigh.

Police did not disclose how the guns were stored in the vehicles or if they had been recovered.

The break-ins happened along Common Oaks Drive and outside a Walmart, a Golden Corral and a Carolina Ale House, police said.

Davis also was charged with five counts of felony larceny, eight counts of misdemeanor larceny, four counts of unlawfully obtaining credit cards from the vehicles and one count of attempting to break into a vehicle.

Police said they were working with Henderson police on a possible connection between the Wake County crimes and break-ins there.

Several computers and cell phones were among the items police charged Davis with taking.

He was being held Friday in lieu of $165,000 bail pending a court appearance.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service