One injured in Raleigh house fire on Idlewild Avenue

From staff reportsJuly 11, 2013 

— One person was hurt when residents of a rooming house at 206 Idlewild Ave. had to flee a fire Wednesday evening, firefighters said.

The blaze left five rooms uninhabitable, a fire department report said.

The fire, which was reported at 6:48 p.m., was determined to be an accident, the report said.

Firefighters called the Red Cross to help five people find shelter after they were forced out of the house.

The person who was hurt suffered cuts, according to firefighters.

The 30-foot-by-30-foot, two-story house is 88 years old, according to Wake County records.


View Larger Map

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service