Durham 4-year-old boy found safe hours after Amber Alert

From staff reportsJuly 25, 2013 

Ari Yanitan Aguilar-Castillo

— A 4-year-old boy, Ari Yanitan Aguilar-Castillo, was found safe Thursday morning, several hours after a statewide Amber Alert was issued because he had been reported to be abducted from the street near his home, police said.

Police said they had been told a 45-year-old man had taken Ari while he was playing Wednesday night.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service