RALEIGH — Tickets for this falls N.C. State Fair go on sale at early-bird prices online Thursday at 10 a.m.
Fairgoers will be able to buy advance tickets for admission, concerts at Dorton Arena and carnival rides for the fair, which opens Oct. 17 and runs through Oct. 27. Last years State Fair attracted almost 970,000 visitors.
Advance admission tickets are $7 for adults and $3 for children, a discount of $2 per adult and $1 per childs gate admission. Adult admission tickets for groups of 40 or more are $5 each. The fair also offers a group discount on childrens tickets for $2 for groups of 40 or more.
Children 5 and under and adults 65 and over enter the fair free of charge.
Fairgoers may also purchase a sheet of 18 ride tickets in advanced for $10. At the fair, ride tickets are $1 each. Childrens rides are typically two to four tickets each, while adult rides can range from three to eight tickets.
Online ticket sales are subject to a fee of up to 15 percent. Advance tickets may be purchased online at www.ncstatefair.org and, starting Oct. 3, at several retail locations. Go to www.ncstatefair.org for more details.
Concert lineup and ticket prices
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. in Dorton Arena, with doors opening at 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 17: Sister Hazel, $5
• Friday, Oct. 18: Francesca Battistelli and Building 429, $10
• Saturday, Oct. 19: Joe Nichols, $10
• Sunday, Oct. 20: Florida Georgia Line, $10
• Monday, Oct. 21: Scotty McCreery, $25 (10-ticket limit per transaction)
• Tuesday, Oct. 22: Scotty McCreery, $25 (10-ticket limit per transaction)
• Wednesday, Oct. 23: Dailey and Vincent, $5
• Thursday, Oct. 24: Whos Bad (Michael Jackson Tribute Band), $5
• Friday, Oct. 25: MercyMe, $15
• Saturday, Oct. 26: Randy Houser, $10
• Sunday, Oct. 27: Eli Young Band, $15