African American Cultural Festival of Raleigh and Wake County
• African-American Cultural Festival of Raleigh and Wake County, Aug. 31-Sept. 1, Fayetteville Street, Raleigh.
Ancient Order of Hibernians
• Raleigh Irish Music Festival, Sept. 28, Moore Square, downtown Raleigh.
Apex Historical Society
• Historic Home Tour, Dec. 1, 220 N. Salem St., Apex.
• First Night Raleigh 2014, Dec. 31, Downtown Raleigh.
• ARTStober, Oct. 26, Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts, 2 E. South St., Raleigh.
Benson Area Chamber of Commerce
• Benson Mule Days Rodeo, Sept. 26-29, Benson Chamber Park, Benson Singing Grove, Main Street Benson, Benson Chamber Park and Arena.
Boylan Heights ArtWalk
• Boylan Heights ArtWalk, Dec. 8, Boylan Heights, Raleigh.
Capital Quilters Guild
• Heritage Day Quilt Auction and Boutique, Oct. 5, Historic Oak View Park, 4028 Carya Dr., Raleigh.
• Holiday shoppe, Dec. 5-7, Cary Academy, 1500 N. Harrison Ave.
Cary Ballet Company
• Celebration of Children in the Arts, Oct. 5, Cary Ballet Company, 3791 N.W. Cary Parkway.
Cary Creative Reuse Center
• Final Friday Art Loop, featuring Fawn Meccas fabric work, Aug. 30, Cary Creative Reuse Center, 155 Wilkinson Ave.
• Cary Scavenger Hunt, Sept. 21, Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary.
Cedar Creek Gallery
• Fall Pottery & Glass Festival 2013, Oct. 4, Cedar Creek Gallery, 1150 Fleming Road, Creedmoor.
Colored Pencil Society of America, DC 114
• Meeting of Colored Pencil Society of America, Sept. 14, Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
Destination Downtown Mebane
• Autumn Fest, Oct. 12, downtown Mebane.
Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts
• Humorist Jeanne Robertson, Nov. 22, Memorial Auditorium, 2 E. South St., Raleigh.
Durham Arts Council
• CenterFest Arts Festival, Sept. 21-22, City Center, 120 Morris St., Durham.
Durham Community Chorale
• Holiday concert, Dec. 8, Temple Baptist Church, 4504 Sterling Dr., Durham.
• Launch event for 27 views of Raleigh: The City of Oaks in Prose & Poetry, Sept. 22, Quail Ridge Books & Music, 3522 Wade Ave., Raleigh.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
• Fall garden tour, Sept. 7, begins at The Garden Hut, 1004 Old Honeycutt Road, Fuquay-Varina.
Heart of Cary Association
• Arts and crafts show, Dec. 7, downtown Cary.
Hillsborough Arts Council
• Hillsborough Jazz Festival), Sept. 21, Moorefields Estate, 2201 Moorefields Road, Hillsborough.
Historic Oak View County Park
• Heritage Day, Oct. 5, Historic Oak View County Park, 4028 Carya Dr., Raleigh.
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
• Greek festival, Sept. 20-22, Expo Center, N.C. Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh.
Hopscotch Music Festival
• 175 acts in 14 downtown Raleigh venues, Sept. 5-7.
• 100,000 Poets for Change, Sept. 28, The Turkish House, 303 E. Durham Road, Cary.
Joel Lane Museum House
• Tavern Party in the Gardens, Sept. 12, Joel Lane Museum House, 160 S. St. Marys St., Raleigh.
Knights of Columbus Council 9880
• Galleria craft fair, Oct. 26, St. Raphael Church, 5801 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh.
Mordecai Market/Ann Marie Print Art
• Mordecai Monthly Saturday Market, Sept. 7, 711 N. Person St., Raleigh.
Museum of Durham History
• Grand opening, Oct. 12, Durham History Hub, 500 W. Main St., Durham.
N.C. Museum of History
• American Indian Heritage Celebration, Nov. 23, N.C. Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh.
N.C. State University Crafts Center
• Holiday fair and sale, Nov. 23, NCSU Crafts Center, 210 Jensen Drive, Raleigh.
N.C. Gourd Society
• Gourd Arts and Crafts Festival, Sept. 7, Holshouser Building, N.C. State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh.
Obsidian: Literature in the African Diaspora and the NCSU African American Cultural Center
• 27 Views of Raleigh: City of Oaks in Prose & Poetry, Nov. 13, 126 Witherspoon Student Center, NC State University, Raleigh.
Orange County Artists Guild
• Open studio tour, Nov. 2, Various locations.
Philoptochos Society of Greek Orthodox Church
• Holiday cafe and bake sale, Dec. 5, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 5000 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh.
• Passion: A Salon, Sept. 20, ArtsCenter, 300-G E. Main St., Carrboro
• Fall arts fair, Sept. 7, Sertoma Arts Center, 1400 W. Millbrook Road, Raleigh.
• Readings by Betty Adcock and Kelly Michels, Aug. 31, Raleigh Review Writers House and Bookshop, 3039 Medlin Drive, Raleigh.
• Handbell classes, Sept. 21, Raleigh Ringers Central, 2200 E. Millbrook Road, Raleigh.
• Beginning ringers workshop, Oct. 26, Highland United Methodist Church, 1901 Ridge Road, Raleigh.
Ray Price Harley-Davidson
• Capital City Bikefest, Sept. 20, Fayetteville Street, Raleigh.
SafeSkills Movement Arts
Events are at SafeSkills, 3702 Hillsborough Road, Durham.
• Juggling and mime workshop, Sept. 14.
• Improvisational games, Oct. 11.
Shared Visions Foundation
• Murphey School Radio Show, Nov. 2, 3717 Murphy School Road, Durham
St. Ann Catholic Church
• International food festival, Sept. 28, St. Ann Catholic Church, 4057 US 70 Business W., Clayton.
St. Pauls Episcopal Church
• Bazaar, Nov. 16, St. Pauls Episcopal Church, 221 N. Union, Cary.
St. Thomas More School
• Holiday Shoppe craft show, Dec. 7, St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 940 Carmichael St., Chapel Hill.
Town of Carrboro
• Carrboro Music Festival, Sept. 28-29, Downtown Carrboro.
Town of Morrisville
Events are at Morrisville Town Hall, 100 Town Hall Drive., unless noted.
• Halloween spooktacular trail, Oct. 26, Morrisville Community Park, 1520 Morrisville Parkway.
• Holiday tree lighting, Dec. 6.
• Winterfest parade and holiday craft fair, Dec. 7.
Town of Wake Forest
• Celebration of the Arts, Nov. 14, Wake Forest Renaissance Centre, 405 S. Brooks St.
Triangle Greenways Council
• Festival in Motion, Sept. 28, Walnut Creek Wetland Center, 950 Peterson St., Raleigh.
UNC Department of Music
• Conversation with Emil Kang and Jennifer Curtis, Sept. 26, UNC Community Music School, 125 S. Columbia St.
• Festival on the Hill: Culture and Conflict in Congo, Oct. 4, Hill Hall, 145 E. Cameron Ave.
United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County
• Guess Whos Coming to Dinner fundraiser, Nov. 7, Multiple locations.
Virginia Tull Music and Arts Series
• Fall Music, Arts and Crafts Festival, Oct. 19, Wake Forest Baptist Church/Stephenson Campus, 12120 Wake Union Church Road, Wake Forest.
Visions of Sugarplums
• Holiday art and craft show, Nov. 7-9, Quail Hollow Swim Club, 800 Orleans Place, Raleigh.
Wake County Public Libraries and Parks, Recreation and Open Space
• Annual Storytelling Festival, Sept. 28, Historic Oak View County Park, 4028 Carya Drive, Raleigh.
Wake Forest United Methodist Church
• Stew and Bazaar, Nov. 1, Wake Forest United Methodist Church, 905 S. Main St.
Youngsville Extension and Community Association
• Fall festival, Sept. 28, National Guard Armory, 215 Youngsville Blvd.
Zebulon Parks and Recreation
• Market on the Lawn/Bluegrass Band, Acoustic Grace, Sept. 20, Zebulon Municipal Complex, 1003 N. Arendell Ave.