Unstable school board
Here is a recap of the past two years from the Wake County school board:
• An immediate end to choice in assignment.
• An uncaring and unapologetic reneging on the promise of stability and long-term predictability.
• The political firing of a passionate and committed superintendent. (Where is the new guy, by the way?)
• A hyper focus on the needs of certain schools (magnets) to the detriment of others (Knightdale).
• Arrogance, lies, name-calling and physical altercations.
And now, based on the board’s last meeting, we can add more year-round conversions and more reassignments to that list.
Are we really going to give this board $810 million?