CHAPEL HILL — Police released a photo of a third suspect wanted in connection with last week’s shooting on Pope Road in Durham County.
Jaheem Watson, 24, faces first-degree burglary, second-degree kidnapping and related conspiracy charges, Chapel Hill police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Walker said in a news release.
Police also are searching for two brothers – Rahmil Ingram, 20, and Jahmil Ingram, 18 – wanted in connection with the shooting. They are known to frequent Orange and Durham counties. Most recently, they lived in the Hillsborough area, Walker said.
Police said the shooting was not a random act, and all three men are considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees them should call 911, but not approach them, Walker said.
Jahmil Ingram also is charged with first-degree burglary, second-degree kidnapping and related conspiracy charges. Rahmil Ingram is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, first-degree burglary, second-degree kidnapping, discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling and two counts of assault by pointing a gun, police reported.
The crime scene is in Durham County but within Chapel Hill town limits, which is why Chapel Hill police are investigating.
The men are accused of shooting Kenneth Hardin, 45, in the left hand and the stomach around 5:30 a.m. Sept. 24. Hardin was taken to UNC Hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released. According to a police report, several people were at the scene when the shooting occurred. It is not clear who lived at the residence, police said.
Anyone with information about the shooting or the whereabouts of Rahmil Ingram, Jahmil Ingram or Jaheem Watson should call Crimestoppers at 919-942-7515. Online tips can be sent by email to crimetips@townofchapelhill.org. Calls to Crimestoppers are confidential, and callers may be eligible for a cash reward.
Grubb: 919-932-8746

NC Appeals Court upholds 2012 ouster of Durham DA Cline
Lovette lawyers argue for murder trial outside Durham

