Another big week of trunk shows brings new clothing, shoes and more to local boutiques. Here’s a sampling:
• Kristen’s Shoe Boutique welcomes a representative from Luchese for a Western boots trunk show, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday. Kristen’s Shoe Boutique is at 2045 Renaissance Park Place, Cary; 919-678-1234 or kristensshoes.com.
• Glenwood South boutique Cat Banjo celebrates First Friday with Wilmington-based designer Lesley Tamaev’s Just Like Honey line of clothing and accessories, 6-10 p.m. Tamaev’s pieces – skirts, dresses, head scarves and bow ties – are made of new, vintage and repurposed materials. For info, call 919-615-1428.
• New fall sizes and a preview of spring styles from Donald J. Pliner will be in store at Main and Taylor shoes in Raleigh, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday. Light refreshments will be served. For details, call 919-821-1556.
• Belk Crabtree will hold a Vince Camuto event, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Shoppers can get styling advice from a label representative, enjoy free Estee Lauder mini-makeovers, receive a gift with purchases of $150 or more and enter to win a Vince Camuto handbag. For more information, call 919-782-7010.
• Dovecote’s fall trunk show series continues this week with four designers Saturday and Sunday. Stylish men will get help accessorizing with chic pocket squares by Armstrong & Wilson, preppy-cool bow ties from Collard Greens and funky-yet-luxurious socks, ties and more from hook+ALBERT. For the ladies, new spring pants – from crops to leggings – by Equestrian Designs will also be in store. Dovecote is in Fearrington Village in Pittsboro. For more info, call 919-542-1145.
• The winter collection from Worth New York will be available during a private home trunk show Oct. 9-17 at 1909 Reid St., Raleigh. To make an appointment, call Peggy Fain at 919-833-6833.
Hot Diggity Dog
NoFo at the Pig hosts a fashion event aimed at the four-legged set this weekend. The Hot Diggity Dog celebration, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, features canine coats by designer Christopher Ellsberg, along with a new collection of bandanas and handmade leather leashes and collars from Made by Wales. Proceeds from the event benefit the Wake County SPCA. For details, call 919-821-1240.
Casino fashion show
Get a taste of Vegas in Cary at Peachy Keen boutique’s Casino Peachy Keen Fall Fashion Show at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The runway show features some of the season’s biggest trends, along with refreshments, hors d’ouevres and live music by folk-pop singer-songwriter Cole Roe. Tickets are $10-$30 at casinopeachykeen.eventbrite.com.