Shop Talk reporter Virginia Bridges asked small-business owners to share what their companys theme song should be and why.
• We will post on Facebook songs of the day when we are being silly. Past greats include Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Dude (Looks Like a Lady) and the Coasters (song that goes) If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, get an ugly girl (to marry you), said Derek Ellington, a certified forensic examiner and owner of Ellington Digital Forensics in Wake Forest. Keeping in mind every day is a bit absurd for us.
• Adam Weisbrodt, owner and craftsman of Social in Nature, which sells hand-etched glassware online, said his business theme song would be Where the Green Grass Grows by Tim McGraw. This song is about family, friends and enjoying nature, Weisbrodt said. We all start to lose our interaction with wildlife because our lives become progressively busy. Like this song, I help people find their peace with nature time and time again.
• Would definitely have to be the Imperial March from Star Wars, said John ONeill, co-owner of Spark Plug Games, a video game developer in Cary. Not because were evil like Darth Vader, but because were just that awesome and Vader would personally approve.
• Who Let the Dogs Out? by Baha Men, said Cindy Golden, owner of Raleigh Pet Sitters.
• The theme from the movie Rocky, Eye of the Tiger, said Rosemary Allegretta, co-owner of the Bar in downtown Durham. Keep the focus every day on making our business successful through hard work, perseverance, dedication and giving back to the community.