On Sunday, I traveled to the N.C. Seafood Festival in Morehead City to judge a chefs’ cooking competition. I, along with four other judges, tasted four rounds featuring two chefs. Secret ingredient: sea trout. The top two chefs competed in a final round that was judged by the public. The secret ingredient for the final round: shrimp.
Congrats to chef Jason Smith of the Black Pelican in Kitty Hawk who won the competition.
I just compiled a Storify story about that experience based on my Tweets. To see it, go to http://storify.com/andreaweigl/judging-at-the-n-c-seafood-festival.
I’m new to Storify. I couldn’t figure out how to list all the chefs and their restaurants. So here they are:
• Chef Gus Headington of Soundside Restaurant in Morehead City.
• Chef Gerry Fong of Persimmons Restaurant in New Bern.
• Chef Scotty Anderson of Boone Docks in Holden Beach.
• Chef Jason Scott of Island Grille in Atlantic Beach.
• Chef Richard Alexander of Banks Grill in Morehead City.
• Chef Daphne Bennink of the Back Porch Restaurant and Wine Bar in Ocracoke.
• Chef James Clark of the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill.
• Chef Jason Smith of the Black Pelican in Kitty Hawk.