October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and several local stores are raising awareness with fashionable events.
• Saks Fifth Avenue in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh will donate 2 percent of sales from Thursday through Sunday to womens cancer charities during its Key to the Cure event. In addition, the store will sell a limited-edition Emilio Pucci Key to the Cure T-shirt for $35, with all proceeds benefiting womens cancer charities. For details, call 919-792-9100.
• Apricot Lane boutiques will raise awareness with Shop for a Cause on Saturday. During the event, Apricot Lane boutiques (locally in North Hills in Raleigh, Cary Towne Center in Cary and the Streets at Southpoint in Durham) will donate 10 percent of sales to the Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast Affiliate. For more information, visit facebook.com/ApricotLaneTriangleNC.
• Also on Saturday, Michael Kors in Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh will donate 10 percent of sales to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. During the event, shoppers can enter a raffle to win handbags and wallets. For more info, call 919-322-7108.
Macys highlights fall trends at their Fall Fashion Essentials event in the womens department of the Crabtree Valley Mall location at 2 p.m. Saturday. Hosted by WNCNs Valonda Calloway, the event features a showcase of five fall fashion trends, mini-makeovers, refreshments and gifts with purchase. For details, call 919-510-8700.
From gems to gowns, theres a lot in store for trunk shows this week:
• Alexias Bridal Boutique in Raleigh will debut the 2014 Monique Lhuillier Bliss collection Friday and Saturday. Gowns start at $2,500. Appointments are required. To reserve an appointment, call 919-829-5900.
• Diamonds Direct at Crabtree Valley Mall welcomes jewelry designer Paul Tacorian for a show of the latest pieces from his Tacori bridal collection Friday and Saturday. During the show, shoppers can register to win free Tacori jewelry. For details, call 919-571-2881.
• Dovecote boutique in Pittsboros Fearrington Village continues its fall series with three shows this weekend. Dresses, scarves and handbags in botanical prints from Carson & Co., vintage-inspired jewelry from We Dream in Colour and dishware from Barb White Designs will be available Saturday and Sunday. For details, call 919-542-1145.
Local stylist Mary Michele Nidiffer continues her Secrets of Style Live seminar series this month with Ageless Style, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 23 at 8480 Honeycutt Road, Suite 200, Raleigh. Nidiffer will share tips on dressing for women age 40 and older. The seminar is free, but reservations are required. To RSVP, email email@example.com.