Another week of trunk shows is on tap for the Triangle. Here are the details:
• Main and Taylor will have new styles for fall and spring from Stuart Weitzman for a show Thursday-Sunday. During the event, the store also will sell copies of “Art and Sole,” a coffee-table book of art-style shoes by Jane Weitzman, wife of Stuart. Main and Taylor is at 4421 Six Forks Road, Suite 114, Raleigh; 919-821-1556 or mainandtaylorshoes.com.
• Dovecote boutique in Pittsboro’s Fearrington Village wraps up its fall trunk show series with casual-chic clothing from Planet Thursday-Friday and faux diamond sparklers from BeJe Saturday-Sunday. Details: 919-542-1145.
• In conjunction with its Mind, Body and Spirit Weekend event, Joint Venture Jewelry in Cary will host a trunk show of What’s Your Sign Jewelry, featuring zodiac-inspired pieces Thursday-Saturday. During the event, Joint Venture also will offer tarot card readings, acupuncture, yoga and nutrition and wellness specialists. Details: 919-678-0092.
• Vert & Vogue in Durham will have new jeans and more from Raleigh Denim for a trunk show Friday-Saturday. Vert & Vogue is at 905 W. Main St., Durham; 919-251-8537 or vertandvogue.com.
• Cary Belk is hosting its fall Effy designer fine jewelry trunk show 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday. Effy is known for gemstones set in 14- and 18-karat gold and sterling silver. Drop by or call for an appointment and receive an additional 5 percent off; 919-467-5050, ext 281.
Shop for a Cause
At Ease boutique gives shoppers two ways to contribute to a good cause this weekend. On Saturday, the shop will raise money for The Child’s Advocate – a network of attorneys and mental health professionals who offer assistance to Wake County children – by offering a 25 percent discount on purchases with a $50 donation or a 50 percent discount with a $100 donation. In addition, bra expert Kathy Bartholomew will offer bra fittings and will donate $2 to the Pretty in Pink Foundation for breast cancer research for each fitting. At Ease is at 6325 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh; 919-790-1812.
Charity Fashion Show
Dress Raleigh will provide clothing from its Dress Luxe collection for the Gathering for Friends gala dinner and fashion show at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. The event, hosted by television personalities Giuliana and Bill Rancic, is a benefit for the breast cancer charity Earlier.org. The Dress Luxe collection features new and gently used couture pieces from Christian Dior, Chanel and more. Details: 919-699-6505 or dressraleigh.com.
LeBlanc Debuts Tote
Fresh off his impressive performance on “Project Runway,” Raleigh designer Justin LeBlanc has debuted the first piece from his upcoming fashion label.
The limited-edition shoulder tote features the sign language “I love you” logo similar to the one he created for the print challenge on the design show. The tote is available online for a short time for $22 at jleblancdesign.myshopify.com. LeBlanc is working on a full collection for fall/winter 2014.