Quote of the day
It was crazy because it seemed like as fast as we got them off the field, we had to go right back on. I was like, Dang, Jameis, man just incomplete one pass.
Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan on the speed of the Seminoles offense and quarterback Jameis Winston during a 35-point first quarter in Saturdays 49-17 home win against N.C. State.
Tweet of the day
All Of These Wolfpack Fans Are In For RUDE AWAKENING Come Saturday! #BeatState #BADLY
UNC tight end Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) after Saturdays win against Boston College and in anticipation of this weeks trip to N.C. State.
Hey, Twitter promises worked for Gio Bernard last year.
Ranking the ACC
1. Florida State: The Noles are supremely talented and playing with supreme confidence. Thats a really scary combo for the rest of the league.
2. Miami: The Canes are having one of those charmed seasons. Maybe not charmed enough to win at Florida State, but Saturdays showdown will be closer than most expect.
3. Clemson: The Tigers need to get their mojo back somehow before the trip to South Carolina on Nov.30. It cant just be all Tajh Boyd, all the time.
4. Georgia Tech: The Jackets just won an ACC game in which their starting quarterback completed three passes (and one to the other team).
5. Duke: The open date comes at the perfect time for the Blue Devils, who will finish with three in-state opponents in the final four games.
6. Virginia Tech: They still could take the Coastal Division with a road win at Miami on Nov.9.
7. Wake Forest: Any realistic bowl math for the Deacs includes a win Saturday against the Orange.
8. Maryland: The Terps gave Clemson a fight without their starting quarterback, top running back, their tight end, top two receivers, their top two cornerbacks and their ACC TV money.
9. Pittsburgh: In theory, scheduling Navy before Georgia Tech was a good idea. In theory.
10. UNC: One down, four to go for the Heels to save their season.
11. Boston College: Go figure: The Eagles scored 34 points against Florida States defense and just 10 against North Carolinas.
12. Syracuse: Any realistic bowl math for the Orange includes a win Saturday against the Deacs.
T13. N.C. State and Virginia: Unlucky No. 13 for the final two winless teams in ACC play.
Giglio: firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter.com/jwgiglio