Upcoming holiday cooking classes
Whisk kitchen wares store in Cary has three upcoming cooking classes to prepare you for holiday get-togethers:
• Whisk in Cary is offering a class at 6:15 p.m. Friday where Bill Donovan will show how to pull off a memorable holiday feast featuring prime rib, homemade horseradish, Yorkshire pudding and herb roasted root vegetables. The class costs $59. To register for the classes, go to whiskcarolina.com or call 919-322-2458
• Whisk is offering a class at 1 p.m. Sunday where chefs Michael Portanova and Jorge Ruiz from Mateo in Durham will teach how to make a festive holiday brunch menu with turkey hash, espresso French toast, frittata and ham sandwiches. The class costs $69.
• Southern Season is offering a class at 2 p.m. Sunday for Amanda Fisher of The Blakemere Company to teach how to make traditional British holiday favorites. Students will learn how to make Christmas pudding, mince pie, chocolate yule log cake, stem ginger shortbread and mulled wine. The class costs $35. The cooking school is at the kitchen wares store at University Mall in Chapel Hill. To reserve a spot, call 919-929-7133 or go to southernseason.com.
• Durham Spirits Co. is offering a Winter Dinner Party class 6-8 p.m. Dec. 11. The menu includes gougers, cream of celeraic soup with truffles, roasted chicken with creamy potatoes, Brussels sprouts with cranberries and gingerbread souffles. The school is at 311 E. Trinity Ave., Durham. The class costs $59. To reserve a spot, go to durhamspiritscompany.com.
• At 6:15 p.m. Dec. 16, Portanova and Ruiz will teach a class at Whisk on elegant entertaining with finger food recipes, including goat cheese and wild mushroom cream puffs, pork meatballs, steak tartar on fresh potato chips and chocolate ganache truffles. The class costs $69.