Bobcats vs. Lakers
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.0||4.1||G, K. Bryant||14.5||5.0|
|G, G. Henderson||15.0||4.6||G, J. Meeks||13.5||2.7|
|F, J. Taylor||8.5||2.4||F, W. Johnson||8.2||3.5|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.5||5.8||F, J. Hill||9.1||8.4|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.1||9.2||C, P. Gasol||14.4||9.5|
Matchup to Watch
Kobe Bryant vs. the kitchen sink: Bryant is now the default point guard, with Steve Nash and Steve Blake both injured. The logical decision is to have Gerald Henderson guard Bryant, but that entails asking Kemba Walker to defend an off-guard.
• First-year Bobcats coach Steve Clifford was lead assistant with the Lakers last season. He was brought in by the quickly-deposed Mike Brown, then worked for Browns replacement, Mike DAntoni.
• The Lakers played at Oklahoma City Friday night. DAntoni has indicated he did not anticipate Bryant having to miss the second game of back-to-backs. But nobody really knows with a high-mileage player coming back from Achilles surgery.
• Strangely enough, the Lakers are only 9-8 all-time versus the Bobcats. The variety of mid-size defenders in the Bobcats past Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Derek Anderson were a factor in that.
• Lots of Lakers alumni on the Bobcats roster between Josh McRoberts and Ramon Sessions.
• The Lakers bench leads the NBA in scoring at 47.8 points per game. Of course, that bench has been pretty depleted lately.
• Ten different Lakers led the team in scoring over the first 21 games.
• The Lakers shoot 39.7 percent from 3-point range. Thats dangerous for a Bobcats team that hasnt guarded the arc well this season.
Did you know?
The Lakers have already played nine different starting lineups.