• The cast has been removed from Charlotte Bobcats forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrists broken left hand, but that doesnt mean he can start practicing just yet.
Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said Fridays examination was a positive step, but that it isnt yet safe for Kidd-Gilchrist to catch a basketball. So hes not yet cleared to practice.
• David Thompson was at Time Warner Cable Arena on Friday, sporting a Charlotte Hornets cap. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton also showed up for the Thunder game.
• Pretty odd coincidence that the Bobcats would play two games on consecutive nights against teams just suffering major injuries. First it was Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook having knee surgery Friday. Next it will be the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday without center Al Horford (torn pectoral muscle).
• The Bobcats have cut down on their shot-clock violations of late, but Friday they regressed with two in the first half. Oklahoma Citys defense had something to do with that, of course.
• The Thunder was supposed to be the team with turnover problems (over 16 per game), but the Bobcats committed eight at halftime to OKCs three.