Children taken to hospital after drinking bleach at NC daycare

cwootson@charlotteobserver.comJanuary 13, 2014 

Several children were taken to a hospital on Monday after drinking bleach at a daycare center in Kings Mountain.

Kings Mountain Police say “a very small amount of bleach” was added to a pitcher of water for cleaning purposes at Bolin’s Daycare Center on Ramseur Street. That pitcher was then mistakenly put into the refrigerator. Later, it was distributed to the children.

Someone dialed 911 saying several children has possibly consumed household bleach.

None of the children had serious complications, police said.

Wootson: 704-358-5046; Twitter: @CleveWootson

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service