Raleigh house fire displaces three Sunday morning

From Staff ReportsFebruary 9, 2014 

— An accidental fire damaged a Raleigh home Sunday morning and displaced three people, according to the Raleigh Fire Department.

One occupant was injured while exiting through a window in the 600 block of Hartford Road, but he was not taken to the hospital, investigator Lt. Grant Williams said in a news release. The fire was reported at 6:15 a.m.

The cause of the blaze was identified as unattended cooking.

About 40 percent of the home was damaged, according to the fire report.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service