Fire started by heater leaves five homeless in Raleigh

From staff reportsFebruary 14, 2014 

— An early morning fire Friday left five people homeless in Raleigh after combustible material near a heater ignited, firefighters said.

The fire at 1326 Armstrong Circle was reported at 4:27 a.m., Lt. Grant Williams said, and the first unit to reach the house found heavy fire coming from the roof.

Firefighters were able to limit damage to about half of the building, Williams said.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service