DURHAM — Two people were injured and a million-dollar home was significantly damaged in a two-alarm fire at 212 Tennwood Court on Wednesday.
Firefighters came to the three-story house at about 4:30 p.m. to find heavy smoke and a large fire.
Four dogs and two adults, whom fire officials did not identify, had left the house by the time the Durham Fire Department arrived at the home, which is near the Treyburn Country Club golf course.
The fire was under control within 30 minutes, but the department reported extensive fire and water damage.
Durham County tax records list the value of the three-story house on a 1.7-acre lot as $1.1 million.
Two people were transported to a hospital. One was treated and released as of 10:40 p.m., but the condition of the second victim was not immediately available.
The cause of the fire was related to the use of a fireplace, according Deputy Fire Chief Chris Iannuzzi reported.
No firefighters were injured, Iannuzzi said.