Another big week of trunk shows is on tap for the Triangle. Heres the scoop:
• Though spring is barely here, fall is already in the air at Vermillion in Raleighs North Hills with a Lela Rose fall trunk show on Thursday and Friday. Customers who make appointments will be entered to win a $1,000 credit toward purchases from the fall collection. To make an appointment, call 919-787-9780.
• Fall styles also will be at Alexias Bridal Boutique in Raleigh this week for a trunk show of Liancarlo bridal and evening gowns, Thursday through Saturday. Incentives will be offered to shoppers making orders during the show. To reserve an appointment, call 919-829-5900.
• Apricot Lane in North Hills hosts a trunk show of evening dresses by Forever Unique from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday. For details, call 919-783-7594.
• Ticknors Mens Clothier will have the latest spring styles from designer Robert Graham for a trunk show Friday through Sunday at their Crabtree Valley Mall location in Raleigh. During the event, Ticknors also will have new shoes from Donald J. Pliner and Mezlan, plus belts by Torino and Alberto denim. For more info, call 919-786-9850.
• Dovecote boutique in Pittsboros Fearrington Village kicks off its spring trunk show series this weekend with pants from Equestrian Designs and glasses from Fetch Eyewear Saturday and Sunday. For more information, call 919-542-1145.
Fundraiser at Dress
Dress, the designer resale boutique, will donate 10 percent of sales to childrens charity Backpack Buddies during a fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday. Backpack Buddies is an Interfaith Food Shuttle program that provides local children from food-insecure homes weekend meals during the school year. Dress is at 3528 Wade Ave., Raleigh; 919-699-6505.
Baileys wins award
Baileys Fine Jewelry custom designer Richard Nobrega won the American Gem Trade Associations Spectrum Award in the category of classical platinum innovation. Nobregas winning entry a platinum pendant with a 6.8 carat cushion, brilliant-cut citrine with diamond accents will be on display at Baileys Cameron Village location, and is on sale for $4,000. Baileys is at 415 Daniels St., Raleigh, 919-829-7337; baileybox.com.