Another busy week of trunk shows brings new clothing and accessory styles to the Triangle. Heres the schedule:
• Baileys Fine Jewelry will host an estate jewelry show this week at its two Raleigh locations. Shoppers can check out vintage and contemporary pieces Friday at the Crabtree Valley store and Saturday at Cameron Village. For more information, visit baileybox.com.
• Kanons Clothing in Cameron Village will have the latest pieces for men from Peter Millar during the shops Peter Millar spring kickoff and trunk show Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 919-366-3902.
• Dovecote boutiques spring trunk show series continues with knitwear from Skif and handbags from Ceri Hoover Bags on Saturday and Sunday at Fearrington Village. For details, call 919-542-1145.
• Makeovers, local craft beer and wine, discounts and more are on tap for Belk Crabtrees Girls Night Out, from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Attendees can enjoy music from a DJ, complimentary food and a 20 percent discount on purchases, plus a chance to win $1,500 worth of prizes.
• Catch the latest in childrens style during a fashion show at Belks Kidsfest, from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at Belk Crabtree. Belk Southern Designer Showcase winner and Raleigh native Elle Parkinson will make an appearance during the event, with clothing from her Rosie Olive Designs childrens collection being modeled. Other activities include face painting, music, games and more. The event is free.
For more info about either event, call 919-782-7010.
Bow tie try-on service
High Cotton has launched a new at-home try-on service for bow ties for formal occasions. The service allows customers to try on five different bow tie styles for five days at no charge, and return them using a prepaid shipping label. High Cotton is at 19 W. Hargett St., Suite 100, Raleigh, 919-817-8319, highcottonties.com.
Blow-dry bar open
Parlor Dry Bar has opened a pop-up location on Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh in advance of its permanent location opening later this spring in Cameron Village. The salon, which offers blow-outs, deep conditioning treatments and more, is operating its pop-up shop in Salonspace at 4035 Lake Boone Trail. For more information or to book an appointment, call 919-665-9816, parlordrybar.com.
New local label
Triangle-based boutique chain Bevello now has its own house label, MOSSIQUE. Owner and UNC grad Chan Namgong says the collection focuses on dresses and tops designed for young professionals. The collection is available at Bevello stores and online at bevello.com.
Jittys, a casual chic womens boutique, will open in Cameron Village on Tuesday. The shop carries clothing from a variety of designers, including Vintage Havana, Elan, Go Jeans, Dolce Cabo and Silver Jeans. The store can be reached at 919-839-6161.
Fine Feathers moves
Fine Feathers boutique, formerly in University Square, has moved to a new space in University Mall in Chapel Hill. The relocated shop will open Tuesday. Fine Feathers carries dresses, sportswear and more for women. For more information, call 919-942-3151 or visit finefeathersstyle.com.