Police charge Raleigh man with kidnapping Durham teen

From staff reportsApril 2, 2014 

— One of two Wake County men charged with having sex with a 15-year-old girl has been charged by Durham authorities with kidnapping the girl there.

Wake County sheriff’s deputies served the new arrest warrant Tuesday on Mundadi Eric Kalonji, 28, at the Wake County Detention Center, where he had been held on $500,000 bail since his arrest on March 25.

Raleigh police had charged Kalonji, of 3233 Calumet Drive, with two counts of statutory rape and one count of sexual exploitation of a minor.

An arrest warrant said Kalonji had sex with the girl, who lives in Durham, on Jan. 23 and 24 and that he had pictures of her.

Durham authorities said the kidnapping happened Jan. 23.

Alezia Tuemo Mukoko, 23, was arrested at Kalonji’s apartment the same night as him and charged with statutory rape.

With the new charge, a magistrate raised Kalonji’s bail to $750,000.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service