Firefighters extinguish fire at Durham business

From Staff ReportsApril 19, 2014 

— Four workers had to leave Durham Exchange Club Industries late Friday afternoon when an electrical fire broke out, the Durham Fire Department reported.

Firefighters responded to a call at 5:54 p.m. and went to 1717 E. Lawson St. where they found smoke in a 50,000-square-foot warehouse, according to a news release from deputy chief Chris Iannuzzi.

A large light bulb blew out above some combustible stock which ignited, Iannuzzi said. He described the fire as accidental.

The warehouse and an adjoining facility had smoke damage.

 

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service