Another big week of trunk shows brings new accessories and more to the Triangle this week. Heres the skinny:
• Main and Taylor will have new styles for fall from Stuart Weitzman during a trunk show Thursday through Sunday. During the show on Friday, Heather Ann Miller of Eclectic Sage Florist will make floral jewelry for shoppers, and there will be drinks and snacks served throughout the event. Main and Taylor is at 4421 Six Forks Road, Suite 114, Raleigh; 919-821-1556; mainandtaylorshoes.com.
• Saks Fifth Avenue in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh hosts two big jewelry trunk shows this week, with John Hardy on Thursday and Ron Hami on Friday and Saturday. For details, call 919-792-9100.
• Brides-to-be can score big deals on wedding gowns during Traditions by Anna bridal boutiques sample sale on Saturday. Sample gown sizes range from 2 to 12, all priced at $2,000 or less. To reserve a fitting room, call 919-782-8652.
• Dovecote boutiques spring trunk show series continues this week with feminine jewelry made with natural materials by Anne Lightfoot on Saturday and Sunday. Dovecote boutique is in Pittsboros Fearrington Village; 919-542-1145.
• Designer Wes Gordon will visit Vermillion boutique in North Hills to preview his fall collection on Tuesday and Wednesday , from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. To make an appointment, call 919-787-9780.
Fundraiser benefits kids
Dress designer resale boutique will raise money for the Interfaith Food Shuttles Backpack Buddies program on Thursday. During the event, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., 10 percent of sales will benefit the program, which provides backpacks filled with food for needy local children. Dress is at 3528 Wade Ave., Raleigh, 919-699-6505; dressraleigh.com.
Spring fashion show
Peachy Keen boutique in Cary celebrates the new season with its Margaritaville Spring Fashion Show on Thursday at 6 p.m. In addition to new spring styles, attendees can enjoy a bottomless margarita bar and hors doeuvres. Tickets are $10 and available at thepeachykeen.com.
Triangle eco-conscious fashion label Symbology marks the debut of its spring line inspired by henna designs with a launch party on Thursday at TRU Deli+Wine Bar in Chapel Hill. During the party, from 6 to 8 p.m., attendees can enjoy cocktails and more. For details, call 919-621-3554.
Raleigh accessory company Moon and Lola opens its second Triangle boutique this weekend. The boutique, at 219 N. Salem St. in Apex, also houses the companys headquarters and studio, which were previously just down the street. The store will celebrate with a grand opening party Friday, with a ribbon cutting at 6 p.m. and music, drinks and hors doeuvres to follow. The other local location is at 208 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh. For more info, visit moonandlola.com.
Cameron Village event
Cameron Village in Raleigh celebrates the spirit of the former Underground with a food, fashion and music event called The Underground Rises on Friday at 6 p.m. on the Daniels Street block. Attendees can enjoy live music from Love Language and other bands, plus a fashion show, food from village restaurants and more. For more info, visit shopcameronvillage.com.
North Hills will host two spring fashion shows featuring clothing from boutiques such as Scout & Mollys, Madison, High Line Boutique and more on Sunday at 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. The shows, which are free, are part of the Midtown Park Opening Celebration, which also features live music and food tastings, 2-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Midtown Park is on the east side of North Hills near Chuys restaurant and the Hyatt. For more info, visit northhillsraleigh.com.